Friday, April 20, 2007

Continuous Online Journaling

Just a few days ago my work group was tasked with marketing a new product we are working on. The product deals with continous data protection, or the ability roll back your computer program to any previous point in time. One of the features of this product is "Continous Online Journaling". That got me thinking. I'd like to start my own continuous online journaling. Online being the operative word. I kept a written journal for years and never refer back to it. And I'm pretty sure noone else ever will. So, if I'm going to put in the work to write my stories down, I want to know that somebody has the chance to read them.

So here we are. I've got 31 years to catch up on, and you've obviously got some time on your hands because your reading this blog. I could recommend dozens of more worthwhile activities than reading Tyler Carter's blog, but I won't because I like the fact that some sucker is reading this. Sucker, that's a fun word. I'll have to work it into my stories.

Speaking of stories, I should come up with a list to work from. I'm sure serious bloggers would tell me that you're not supposed to retrofill your blog. I disagree. I don't think the here and now is always that interesting (at least not my here and now). Eat it bloggers!

Idease for future entries...

  • Band Camp - Okay, I didn't go band camp, but that would have made a good story
  • Greatest American Hero
  • Baseball and My Broken Nose
  • Cliff Jumping
  • Europe
  • Fire in the Back Yard
  • Ashley & Halloween
  • Signal Orange
  • Pinewood Derbies
  • Spyglass
  • Inventions
  • Self Improvement, The Viscous Cycle (yes Viscous not Vicious)
  • Finding Ashley
  • Dating 101

3 comments:

Ashley said...

I want to read the stories about me. (Shocker.) You use the noun "task" as a verb just like your mom uses the word "phone."

Molly said...

Did you know that it's acceptable for native speakers of a language to invent new words (like creating verbs out of nouns, such as 'tasked' or 'google-ing'), but not acceptable for non-native speakers do the same thing? Interesting fact from the linguistics nerd in me.

Tyler said...

Maybe that's just because non-native speakers verbify the wrong words.