Tuesday, April 24, 2007

To Do or Not to Do



They say they are going to do something, then they don't. Time and time again they promise they'll get to it, but they don't. The tragedy is that they actually believe they will get to it, whatever it is. Good intentions don't mean a thing, do they?


Too many times I find myself being that person. Lately I've been getting a little better. My biggest hurdle; I forget what I have committed to do. I've been keeping track of what I promise I'll do for others and I can't believe how much it helps. At work anytime I tell someone I will help them with a task, big or small, I add it to the list. It's scary how quickly that list grows. It's also scary to think about how many commitments I must have forgotten about before my list.

I also have a list at home. Ashley manages that one. She hates to nag (which I love about her), but unfortunately I could use a little nagging every now and then. The list is the perfect reminder. Right now the undone items on the list are:



  • Finish the shed

  • Register my 1974 BMW

  • Make the PGA Tour

  • Write a letter to Charlie

  • Sort my inbox

  • Fix Ashley's old computer


Now that I've got my lists, let's hope I remember to look at them.

2 comments:

Molly said...

Add "Help Molly with her mirror frame" to that list. And I'll add it to mine. And we'll both do our best to remember that it's hiding behind your shed just waiting for us to remember it...

Ashley said...

You are pretty good about riding yourself when you have a list, just like you ride the salespeople at work. I have a few things to add, though. . . .