Friday, August 24, 2007

Mama's Boy

Just moments ago Ashley reminded me that I'm a mama's boy. "Yes, yes I am." I proudly responded.


Then she proceded to add that I am also a Hollister boy. "Given the opportunity, who wouldn't be?"


However, she totally forgot to mention my dad. I could never leave my dad out when it comes to things I love.


Before we got married Ashley was very afraid that my love of my family and Hollister would come before her. It scared her. I think it still does. I can see why. I am very fond of my parents and my hometown and I visit them both very often. However, my home is, and always will be, with Ashley, Charlie and Junior, Junior (and whoever else decides to join our little family in the years to come).








4 comments:

Ashley said...

This is sweet, but I'm afraid it also makes me sound like I don't enjoy spending time in Hollister or with your family. I do! But you are just the KING of wanting to be in Hollister at ALL times. It's okay, my own brothers are that way about SLC. (Yes I love SLC, too, but it is mostly bc of my family and Cafe Rio more than the city itself.) I think it's more of a boy thing than I girl thing which is funny.

Mitch said...

too funny. I never really thought you were a momma's boy or a daddy's boy... I don't think you called them more than once a month when we were at school and you're pretty good at forgetting their birthdays... That said. I've NEVER heard you say anything negative in anyway towards your family. I know you love them to death.

Tyler said...

True. I think I grow more fond of visiting home and family the older I get.

Molly said...

I love Hollister, too. I just don't get down there enough...