Sunday, December 27, 2009

Christmas 2009 Outtakes

Christmas morning 2009 was our first spent alone with just us and the boys. I liked it.

Max spent more time playing with Charlie's toys than his own of course.

I think this is one of those presents Charlie may never touch again.

My favorite Christmas gift. A pair of plaid golf pants.

We spent Christmas evening with the family. This is a classic Carter family dinner scene.

Max carefully selecting a target from the balcony.

I love my mom's Christmas trees. We helped string that popcorn close to 20 years ago on a Christmas road trip.

Getting in position for the family photo.

Charlie had the crowd rolling. Potty humor.

Scout.

Dad.

Amy and Luca. Molly and Graham were just as cute, but I didn't manage a photo of them.

The first annual Carter white elephant gift exchange. A sure repeat for next year.

Santa's little helper.

While cute, that's not the face you want to see at 11 pm, especially when he's in your double bed.

Taking advantage of the fact that someone didn't put there air mattress away immediately after using it.

Quincee nailing a belly-flop.

Somehow Diego manages to look cool no matter what he's doing.

Taitum had some of the most impressive jumps of the bunch.

At the annual San Benito High School alumni waterpolo game. Throughout most of the game I was wishing I was on the sidelines playing with these guys instead.

I in my cap...and speedo.

Sunnyvale Christmas lights. A couple of neighbors light up their yards each year and set the lights to music. It's seriously impressive.

I love this picture of Diego. The kid is adorable.

At the annual gingerbread house-making party, these boys took their house decorating duties very seriously.

My mom always gets the credit for the house despite the fact that my dad does much of the heavy lifting. Unfortunately eating the candy doesn't count.

This was actually a Thanksgiving snowman, but I think it counts for Christmas. We missed the Warners this year as we have grown accustomed to Christmas in Utah over the past few years.

Getting 21 people together for the Christmas turned out to be a joy. (We had two cameras set up and Ivan is the only one looking at the other camera. It was his.)

7 comments:

Chris said...

You caught some great moments, although I am hoping that the "classic Carter dinner" photo isn't typical! Could we really be that bored?? I loved every minute of all that chaos.

Ashley said...

I love the big pictures. Great post. Better than mine I dare say. I am still disappointed that I didn't actually get to see you in the speedo. Would have completed my holiday.

Tyler said...

The holidays are not over yet Ashley.

Molly said...

{Gross, you guys! Hahaha.}

Wow! This is awesome. Can I just link my blog to yours as my Christmas post?

brooke said...

Looks like fun. How great for Charlie to have Diego to play with. I can't believe that popcorn on the tree is 20 years old--how has it survived?

We missed you guys this Christmas!

Sweetpea_and_Pie said...

great pictures! i love christmas. it's so great that charlie and diego have so much fun together. we'll have to get them together more often.

Linda said...

Thank-you for letting me get in on your Hollister Christmas! (the Thanksgiving snowman) Glad y'all had a fun holiday!