Friday, December 18, 2009

Tiger, You Need to Read This

Tiger, just to be clear I never was a fan of yours. To say the least this recent scandal hasn't done anything to change that. You deserve everything you have gone through.


However, I think people are looking at your situation all wrong. Every article I read is doom and gloom. I see it differently. You have the opportunity to pull off the world's greatest comeback - a redemption story of epic proportions. Only this time it's not just about golf. What if you were to clean up your act and actually be the person people thought you were? No shenanigans, not lies. Tiger Woods - an honest, decent, hardworking, really good golfer.

Every great story needs a great struggle - an obstacle greater than the hero himself. For years people have speculated who this might be for you. Phil? Vijay? Turns out it was you.

Right now you're like Superman in Superman II after he lost his super powers. He messed up. Traded it all for one night with Lois and abandoned a world that needed him. In his downfall we saw a side of him that we never imagined. He was weak. Even pathetic. But it was his fall from grace that humbled him enough to realize who he needed to become.

What if you were to clean up your act AND go on to win 18+ major championships? It would be a comeback story for the ages.

Of course you could continue to be a scum-bag AND win the most majors, but then you'd only be the winning-est golfer in golf history. Not the greatest.

Give it some thought.

4 comments:

Molly said...

Heard this on the radio the other day:

What's the difference between Tiger Woods and Santa? Santa stops at three ho's. Oh!

brooke said...

I'm doing a post on this today. Tiger is disgusting. Never liked him--now I have good reason. I hope he knows that it doesn't matter what he ever accomplished or will accomplish in golf--It will always be eclipsed by his weak character and horrible values.

The DeVito's said...

You don't know me - I have me Ashley a couple of times I blog stalk you both. :) I have to say that yeah I think Tiger is a scum bag - I don't think his wife didn't know about it (two double negatives make a positive, right?). As a former wife that has been cheated on - she had to know. I think she's mad he got caught in the public. Just my $.02.

Anonymous said...

Molly - that is the funniest thing I've heard.

Tyler - I totally agree. I don't think he'll change though - just keep winning - still be scum.