Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Big Time

Two days ago my blog got the D-dawg bump. Traffic shot up from a lowly 30 visitors per day to almost 200 visitors per day. How will I possibly entertain and retain these new fans? Answer: I won't. I have no delusions of grandeur. I am a one hit wonder. I got lucky and a blogging superstar like Denae happened to give my post the nod of approval.

I admit it felt great. I loved the attention will always think back to March 10, 2008 as the day I hit blogging pay dirt. But I am no superstar. In fact, I don't even want to be a blogging superstar. Yeah, that's it. I'd rather be a blogging nobody who blogs for me than a sell-out with hundreds of loyal readers.

With that in mind, I must ask you newcomers to leave now and never come back. It is my only hope for keeping this blog true to its roots. If you stay, I will only let you down later, and that fall will be hard for both of us. Get off this band-wagon while you and I still have our dignity.

6 comments:

Celia Fae said...

That day after post is killer, isn't it? It gives me brain constipation every time. Read one of your wife's People magazines. It gets everything moving along again.

Ashley said...

I am staying so you'd better come up with some good material. I'll get you started: Tampons, breast-feeding, men who cheat . . .

emalina49a said...

I am supposed to relay that men wore high heels and makeup FIRST.

Molly said...

Awesome.

D-dawg said...

I like Ashley's ideas. I think it is hilarious when men have opinions about women stuff. Dave doesn't really and that's why I loved your make-up post. I can't believe 200 people came... they all should've commented.

Natalee Maynes said...

Well, I wasn't a bandwagon reader, but you're going to have to do better than this to keep me reading ;) Ashley had some excellent suggestions.