Thursday, March 20, 2008

On the Road Again

Occasionally I get to travel for work. And by "get to travel" I mean I would rather work a fifteen hour day with no breaks than have to travel to New York for a business meeting.




What I did on my trip:

  • Spent $1100 on a last minute airline ticket to attend last minute meeting
  • Spent six hours on a plane from SFO to JFK
  • Spent four hours looking for a hotel room (not a single room available in Manhattan)
  • Spent two of those four hours in the lobby of a Holiday Inn Express (until 2 a.m.) in a last ditch attempt to put a roof over my head for the night
  • Spent $250 on cab fare over two days
  • Spent $40 on fancy schmancy sushi & sashimi (a $3 In-N-Out Burger would have been just as nice)
  • Spent two full days on the east coast for two 30 minute presentations
  • Spent 8 hours flying home from NJ to SFO

I'm so glad to be back home with Ashley, Charlie and Max now. I missed them.

4 comments:

Mitch said...

next time... just say 'no' to the buisness trip. It's so funny how my bosses always think that travel is a cool thing or like you said, you 'get to travel'... I remember the first time I told my boss I was not going to travel, after she told me I was to present in Guadalajara, she thought I was joking and then kind of took offense and then asked me the next day, with "are you sure you don't want to travel?" Funny. The only business trips I'll do now are to So Cal when I can bring the fam.... but if I have to travel to NY during baseball season (or any city I haven't been to with a ball park while the team will be in town for my stay), I'll make an exception.

brooke said...

travel for work blows. Your trip sounded awful.

Sophie said...

hi tyler!
i am ashamed to admit that i am one of the people driven to your blog by Denae. At first I thought she was referring to your sister when she said Ashley Carter, and I saw the picture and said, "That isn't Ashley!" haha.
Then I followed her link to "some guy's blog" and it's you!
so what are you doing for work?
i thought traveling for work would be fun.
and it was!
the first time
haha
sophie

Tyler said...

Hey Sophie. Thanks for stopping by. I'm in Marketing. Luckily I don't travel a ton (maybe once a month). This whole blogging network is kinda cool isn't it. Although, I really have to update it more often.