Sunday, March 2, 2008

Reason Enough

Ashley and I talked about our future this afternoon. Something we haven't done in years. Seriously. Life's just easier when we don't have to talke about stuff like whether or not we think we can afford a home in the Bay Area or when we are going to move to Utah.

But today we did, and it reminded me why I love my wife. She's so easy to reason with (meaning she's rational, not a push-over). She's tough, which means she'll stand her ground any time she thinks her argument holds water (almost always). And she never manipulates, guilts or sulks her way into getting anything. It's very refreshing.

It doesn't change the fact that she sees us moving to Utah within two years and I would prefer something like 10 (or longer), but I think we handle our differing opinions very well. I owe that to her.

4 comments:

Tyler said...

That was really nice. Really nice like the 3 tension-free years we spent not discussing our future.

Tyler said...

That was your loving wife and so is this but I have no will to log you out and log back in at 1:43 am. EAT IT!

Molly said...

I vote for the 10-year plan. We like you guys and we like Max and Charlie. Or you can move to Utah only if you promise to visit California just as often as you visit Utah now. :)

Ashley C. said...

Don't go!!!