Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Finding Friends

There's something great about growing up in a small town. By the time I reached the third grade I had already met all of my closest friends. Sure I gained a few more good ones over the years, but from junior high to high school and then to college it was basically the same group. The one drawback? I've never really had to make new friends. I like making new friends, but I've never had to. Even today two of my closest friends live within 15 minutes of me. What happens when they move? That's gonna be wierd.

4 comments:

Mitch said...

Hey, let's take advantage of living so close... and actually get together sometime soon... here are the options:
(1) movie - Jill doesn't want to see Leatherheads nor Forbidden Kingdom so might as well not go alone
(2) come over for dinner when Ashley is in UT
(3) father son afternoon (you can take both or just Charlie)

Mr Pineapples said...

I had a friend once. Not sure what happend to him after he came out of prison.

Not sure it's a good idea to have lots of friends - so difficult having to talk to them all.

Tyler said...

Good point Mr. Pineapples.

Molly said...

I think I have the opposite problem. I have too many friends. And I don't know that it's a good thing. I never see any of them.

And that's what your wife is for. She can be your friend if they move. :)