Saturday, December 22, 2007

Me and Christmas

This is one of those “answer the questions and pass it on” type things. I don't forward, but Ashley said my blog needed something new and that I should put it here. Okay.

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Whatever Ashley wants to put it in.
2. Real tree or artificial? Who does artificial?
3. When do you put up the tree? Whenever Ashley thinks its time.
4. When do you take the tree down? See #3.
5. Do you like eggnog? Who doesn’t? Although I usually thin it down with a little whole milk.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? I can't narrow it to one. Superman Underoos, The Incredible Hulk inflatable punching bag (with inflatable boxing gloves), a styrofoam airplane that could be launched with a big rubber band, a race car track with two electric cars (a Porsche & Corvette), a Specialized mountain bike, and a new Ping driver (last year).
7. Do you have a nativity scene? Ashley does. Her dowry was a collection of Christmas decor. Of course I was stoked.
8. Hardest person to buy for? I don't find Christmas shopping all that hard. Thanks Walmart.
9. Easiest person to buy for? Me.
10. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? My grandma once gave all the boys in the family baseball caps for Christmas. Not bad you think. Each hat had our full name and home town printed across the front of it! Runner up to that gift was the tube socks she got us the year before.
11. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail. Although, I'm thinking about crafting an email next year for my 2nd tier friends & family.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? It's a Wonderful Life. Anyone that dismisses this movie as boring or sappy doesn't have a soul.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? This past Thursday. Took me two hours. Would have been shorter if the first Walmart I went to had everything in stock.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? No. Ashley is too good at returns to hold onto some unwanted gift that long.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Eggnog. If it’s thick enough you can actually eat it.
16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? That totally depends on the ornaments. Duh!
17. Favorite Christmas song? Oh, Holy Night. By Johhny Mathis. I believe all Christmas music should be old school. Anything newer than (and including) Jingle Bell Rock gives me a headache.
18. Travel for Christmas or stay at home? Go to Hollister.
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeers? I refuse to answer a question about reindeers or gooses.
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Whatever Ashley wants.
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas morning.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? Putting aside my cynicism for a moment, I love the Christmas season and really can't think of anything I find particularly annoying. Maybe that's because I don't have to shop, wait in long lines and fight for parking spots. Thanks Ashley.

Merry Christmas!

3 comments:

Ashley said...

It's funny that you are so big on Walmart and yet you turned your nose up at TJ Maxx. I am a little nervous to see what you got me at the big W.

Mitch said...

TYLER - It's crazy how have such a strong opinion on a real tree, but you let Ashley decide everything else.

I'm anxious to see what you got her too. A dustbuster better be there... If not, I'm about to get her one.

Ashley C. said...

gooses is not a word