Saturday, February 2, 2008

Fine Dining

Ashley called me out on the carpet yesterday as a food snob. I'm proud of the title. I'm also enough of a hypocrite that I'll turn my nose up at a low class joint like the Olive Garden, then wolf down my alfredo pasta like it was my last meal.

I'm not too good for anything, but I do have the taste to recognize a good meal when I come across one.

Places where I've had a good meal:

  • Vaso Azuro (Gnocchis) - Mountain View, CA
  • Amici's Pizza (Pizza) - Mountain View, CA
  • Cafe Rio (BBQ Pork Salad; Steak Burrito enchilada style, medium salsa) - SLC, Provo
  • In N Out (Double Double) - CA
  • La Caille (Filet Mignon)- Sandy, UT
  • Okay Magey's (Guac) - Cancun, Mexico
  • Smith & Wollensky (Any steak) - Las Vegas, NV
  • Scoma's (Scallops) - San Francisco, CA
Places I scoff at, but secretly enjoy:
  • Chevy's
  • Macaroni Grill
  • PF Chang's

Places I scoff at:

  • The Olive Garden
  • Chili's
  • Applebee's
Places I refuse to enter:
  • All Buffets
  • Jack in the Box
  • The Cheesecake Factory (or California Pizza Kitchen, they're the same thing)

To be continued...

5 comments:

Ashley said...

I remember about a year ago you, me, and Melody went to Hometown Buffet and you ate the food.

Tyler said...

It was because of that visit that I made some of these rules.

brooke said...

I agree with you on Cheesecake factory and some chains. I love La Caille and the really good restaurants in SL. I've just had some bad experiences with fine dining in big cities where the food was so gourmet it wasn't even good. And I will always love CPK!

Mitch said...

I realize we ate like crap when we were single in the college life, but to become a snob... come on. Did your taste buds change? And I thought Jill was picky.

Molly said...

I'm with you on the Olive Garden. Not a huge fan. Although I do like CheeseCo and CPK. Luckily I'm not very picky and I will eat almost anywhere, but that doesn't mean it's my first choice.