Monday, February 4, 2008

I'm a Loser Baby!

Before December 3rd I had never dieted or tried to lose weight. Then I found out I could earn some cold hard cash. Nine weeks later, I am 15.5 lbs lighter...and $300 richer. We had a Biggest Loser contest among 10 friends at work (based on percentage body weight lost). I won. I also charted my progress throughout most of the contest.

Before (the dramatic version, taken mid Oct)
Before (the real version, taken same day as previous picture):
After (taken today, Feb 4):
How did I do it?
  1. Eat lots and drink lots the day you weigh in
  2. Work out 5 days a week (combination of weights and cardio)
  3. Skip breakfast, grilled chicken sandwich & apple for lunch, 1 moderate portion for dinner
  4. Starve as much as possible the last 3-4 days of the contest (no workouts the last few days)
  5. Double dose of diuretic and laxative pills 24 hours before the weigh out
Word of caution: Be careful during the starvation phase of this proven weight loss program. I think I may have had a mild heart attack this past Saturday because of it.

3 comments:

Ashley said...

I think you have jaundice in that last picture. You never had more than about 5 pounds to lose. Now we gotta fatten you back up. I must say I am impressed at your dedication to a cause, even one that was most likely a detriment to your health.

brooke said...

I'm happy to report I weigh more than you right now. The scary thing is--if I keep my eating up it is possible that I could weigh more than your "before weight" when I deliver!! Cheer me on.

Molly said...

Congrats for winning, but that is horrible! Starvation is BAD! No heart attacks, brotha'. Fatten yourself back up! :)