Sunday, July 13, 2008

Lazy Sundays

For about five minutes (literally) this afternoon both Charlie and Max were asleep.  The house was perfectly peaceful and I thought I might have some time to myself.  So I pulled out "The Complete Calivin and Hobbess" a collection of all Bill Waterson's Calvin and Hobbes work.

Ashley got this set for me over a year ago and I've only cracked the books open twice.  Regardless this set of books remain one of my prized possessions.  They remind me of lazy afternoons growing up when I would sit on my bed for hours reading through all the Calvin and Hobbes books I owned.  (I don't think I ever told Ashley that I own almost all the individual books where they still sit at my parents house.  She probably wouldn't have given this current set to me if I had.)

I still laugh out loud at many of the cartoons.  This one above was always my favorite, and may still be.  I've also decided that if I were to ever own any artwork it would be an original Bill Watterson piece.

5 comments:

Amy said...

Classic. I always liked Revenge of the Baby-Sat.

Ashley said...

I would have gotten it for you anyway.

Ashley said...

And I am excited to someday have a truly lazy Sunday again. Maybe in 8 or 10 years.

Alyson said...

I came across a similar scene with Jack and Grant in their room today, hammering away on their brand new bunk beds in true "Calvin" style. My reaction was similar to the cartoon...

Celia Fae said...

I realize this is long past due, but we are big C & H fans here too. Calvin taught my good natured Max to stand up to bullies. Recommended reading for all children.