Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Pennies: Who Needs 'Em?

The penny is completely useless and it costs more to produce than it's worth (1.3 cents per penny). If it were up to me, not only would I immediately stop the circulation of pennies, but I would can nickels and dimes too. I would prefer it if every cash transaction were rounded up to the nearest quarter. Just please don't make me carry around a pocketfull of useless change.
http://www.boston.com/business/articles/2008/05/09/the_price_of_a_penny_stirs_calls_for_steel/

3 comments:

Molly said...

But then the quarter would be the new penny.

Ashley said...

This is why I don't trust the government to manage my money (taxes).

Mitch said...

I'm all for getting rid of the penny, but the nickels & dimes too? I don't know... maybe we should start with the pennies and then see what happens.